Thursday, March 18, 2010

Breaking Down Ungodly Strongholds

Dear Lord,

Thank You that You have promised in Your Word to deliver us when we cry out to You. I come to You on behalf of my children and Grandchildren and ask that You would deliver them from any ungodliness that may be threatening to become a stronghold in their lives. Even though I don't know what they need to be set free from, You do Lord. I pray in the name of Jesus that You will work deliverance in their lives wherever it is needed. I know that although " we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God." (II Corinthians 10:3-5)
Give me wisdom and revelation regarding these children. I know there are areas of enemy operation which I cannot see, so I depend on You, Lord, to reveal these to me as I need to know them. Speak to my heart. Show me how to pray when there is something deep in my spirit that is unsettled, disturbed, or troubled about them. Show me anything that I am not seeing, and let all that is hidden come to light. If there is any action I need to take, I depend on You to show me. Thank You that You help me with these children.
Lord, I put Kayla, Travis, Shakira, Jazmin and TJ into Your hands this day. Guide, protect, and convict them when sin is trying to take root. Strengthen then in battle when satan attempts to gain a foothold in their hearts. Make them sensitive to enemy encroachment, and may they run to You to be their stronghold and refuge in times of trouble. May the cry of their hearts be, "cleanse me from secret faults." (Psalm 19:12) According to Your Word I say that the Lord will deliver them from every evil work and preserve them for His heavenly kingdom! (II Timothy 4:18)
I ask all of these things according to Your good and perfect will,
In Jesus' Holy name,
Amen

(Prayer and scripture from "The Power of a Praying Parent"--Stormie Omartian)


WEAPONS OF WARFARE:

Matthew 16:19 (Amplified Bible)
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth [a]must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth [b]must be what is already loosed in heaven.


Matthew 10:26 (Amplified Bible)
So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known.


Proverbs 11:21 (Amplified Bible)
Assuredly [I pledge it] the wicked shall not go unpunished, but the multitude of the [uncompromisingly] righteous shall be delivered.


Psalm 9:9 (Amplified Bible)
The Lord also will be a refuge and a high tower for the oppressed, a refuge and a stronghold in times of trouble (high cost, destitution, and desperation).


Jeremiah 33:3 (Amplified Bible)
Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand).

No comments: